05 April 2006

WU: Jennifer Harris drafted to WNBA

Yeah, I know, it's the WNBA but I thought I'd post about Jennifer Harris, a player from my alma mater, Washburn University in Topeka, a D-II school, getting drafted by Chicago in the second round of the WNBA draft today. Say what you want about women's basketball, but I'm stoked about that. She played like a true champion this past season, helping the Lady Blues to a 51-game winning streak over the last season and a half and the 2004-05 D-II title. They were undefeated this season before losing in the regional championship game of the D-II tourney. She was D-II player of the year in three different publications, so she is definitely a standout. Here's hoping a WNBA rookie of the year is next on her list of accomplishments. Here's a link to her bio:

Jen Harris bio

Congratulations and good luck goes out to Harris from the Pipeline.

No comments: