AAA - Omaha: O-Royals 8, Albuquerque 1
DH Gordon 3-4, HBP, HR, RBI, K, 4 RS -- .750
1B Ka'aihue 2-2, 3 BB, 2 2B (3), 2 RBI (8), RS, E -- .286, .412 OBP
CF Lough 2-3, 2 BB, RBI (3), RS, SB -- .237
2B Aviles 2-6, K -- .286
RF Parraz 2-5, 2B, K, SB -- .147
LF Thorman 2-5, RBI (3), K -- .250
SS Betemit 1-5, 3B, RBI (7), 2 K, RS -- .257
Omaha stranded 12.
B. Thompson 4 IP, UER, 4 H -- 6.52 ERA
Rosa 3 IP, H, 2 BB, 2 K, pickoff -- W, 1-0, 0.00 ERA
B. Wood IP, BB -- 5.40 ERA
Herges IP, H, 2 BB, K -- 4.50 ERA
* Omaha took off from a 1-1 tie to leave the Isotopes in the dust. Alex Gordon started his rehab stint in AAA in style with a solo homer in the 1st. The Isotopes scratched out a run on a 2-out Kila Ka'aihue error to tie the game after 1. Ka'aihue atoned with an RBI double in the 3rd and the Royals clung to the 2-1 lead through 6. They loaded the bases with none out in the 7th and scored a run on a Wilson Betemit double play before a run-scoring wild pitch and Scott Thorman single stretched the lead to 5-1. Ka'aihue ripped an RBI double in the 7th before Betemit tripled him home and scored on a David Lough single to make it 8-1. Matt Herges stranded the bases loaded in the 9th. Starter John Ely took the loss with 2 ER over 6 IP. The Isotopes scattered 6 hits among 6 different hitters. Gordon has (obviously) been moved to Omaha to continue his rehab. RP Josh Rupe got the call to KC as Roman Colon was DFA'd. C Edwin Bellorin has gone home to Venezuela after a death in the family.
AA - NWA: San Antonio 2, Naturals 1 (7/G1)
DH C. Robinson 1-3, RBI (4) -- .240
CF D. Robinson 1-2, BB, RS, SB (3) -- .345
2B Giavotella 0-3 -- .227
RF Van Stratten 1-3, SB -- .316
Santiago CG, 2 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 4 K -- L, 0-2, 4.09 ERA
* After missing a chance to take the lead in the 7th in the doubleheader-shortened game, Mario Santiago allowed the winning run in the bottom of the inning to finish it. Clint Robinson hit an RBI groundout in the 1st as Derrick Robinson scored to give the Nats the early lead. Santiago allowed the game-tying run in the 3rd but didn't allow a Mission to reach base in any other inning but the 7th. The Naturals got runners to second and third with 2 out in the 7th but Anthony Seratelli struck out to end the threat. Santiago walked the leadoff batter in the 7th, the Missions sacrificed the runner to second and an intentional walk was followed by an unintentional walk to load the bases. C Luis Martinez then lifted a sac fly to center to end the game. Missions SP Simon Castro allowed only an ER on a hit and walk over 6 IP to take a tough no-decision. RP Craig Italiano got the win. Each team had 3 hits.
San Antonio 4, Naturals 0 (4-hitter)
1B C. Robinson 2-3, K -- .286
CF D. Robinson 1-3, K, SB (4) -- .344
2B Giavotella 1-3, K, E (2) -- .240
Osuna 4 2/3 IP, 4 UER, 5 H, 4 K, HRA -- L, 1-1, 0.00 ERA
Coleman IP, K -- 1.93 ERA
R. Hardy 1/3 IP, K -- 0.00 ERA
* A 4-run 5th made for a doubleheader sweep for San Antonio. The Naturals had 2 of their 4 hits in the 1st but made nothing of it as Derrick Robinson singled and stole second but was thrown out at third after an overthrow on the play. The first 2 Naturals singled in the 4th but, again, NW Arkansas could do nothing with them. A Johnny Giavotella error and two singles loaded the bases with 1 out in the 5th off Edgar Osuna and C Mitch Canham came through with a 2-out grand slam for his 1st homer of the season. The last 12 Nats went down consecutively to end it. Starter Jeremy Hefner worked 5 scoreless innings for the win. Canham's 4 RBI gave him 7 on the season. The Naturals are 4-4. Jeff Howell was called up to Omaha.
A-Adv. - Wilmington: Potomac 5, Blue Rocks 2 (susp./5)
* The game will be made up before Saturday's game, which will be shortened to 7 innings. Chris Dwyer got tagged in his start.
A - Burlington: Wisconsin 9, Bees 0 (1-hitter)
CF Richardson 1-4, 2B, 2 K -- .235
DH Myers 0-2, HBP -- .194
LF Testa 0-2, BB, CS (2) -- .280
Mitchell 4 IP, 4 ER, 7 H, 4 BB, 2 K, WP -- L, 0-2, 6.23 ERA
Kelley 2 1/3 IP, 4 ER, 4 H, BB, 2 K, HRA, WP -- 12.71 ERA
Hodge 2 2/3 IP, ER, H, 2 BB, 3 K -- 3.52 ERA
* Rattlers pitchers Jake Odorizzi and Damon Krestalude combined on a 1-hitter with 11 Ks between them as Wisconsin salvaged the series finale. A Wil Myers HBP broke up the perfect game in the 4th. Meanwhile, Matt Mitchell saw a runner thrown out at the plate to end the Wisconsin 1st and another Rattler was thrown out at the plate in the 2nd as Mitchell escaped a rough inning. He loaded the bases to start the 3rd but escaped with only 1 run allowed. He gave up 2 doubles to start the 5th and got pulled for Scott Kelley, who gave up a 2-out RBI triple and run-scoring wild pitch as Wisconsin stretched the lead to 6-0. Wisconsin tacked on 2 more in the 7th and Krestalude carried on Odorizzi's no-hitter into the 9th. Fernando Cruz and Jose Bonilla made outs to put the Rattlers on the verge of history, but Hilton Richardson stepped up for a double to kill the no-no. Deivy Batista popped out and that was it. Four Rattlers had multiple hits led by a 3-4 night from DH Peter Fatse, who had his 1st homer and 5 RBI of the season. RF Franklin Romero drove in 2 runs. The Bees are 3-5. A 3-game set at the 3-5 Peoria Chiefs (A Cubs) starts Saturday.
16 April 2010
AAA - Omaha: O-Royals 8, Albuquerque 1