AAA - Omaha: Storm Chasers 10, Memphis 4
DH C. Robinson 4-4, BB, 2B (5), 2 RBI (11), 2 RS -- .404, have a feeling KC fans will never get to see Clint in the majors for the Royals, something will have to give
RF Lough 2-5, HR (2), RBI (7), 2 RS -- .321
LF Blanco 2-5, RBI (2), 2 K, SB (5) -- .206
1B Hosmer 2-3, 2 BB, 2B (4), 3 RS -- .415, may be up before Moustakas if he keeps this up
3B Moustakas 1-3, 2 BB, HR (2), 2 RBI (8), 2 RS -- .235, first Werner Park HR for Chasers
2B Giavotella 1-5, 2B, 2 RBI (9), RS -- .302
SS Zawadzki 1-4, BB, RBI (5), K, E (4) -- .119
CF Cain 0-4, BB, 2 K -- .190, slow start
Omaha stranded 10.
Pucetas 5 IP, 3 R (2 ER), 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K, HRA, pickoff -- W, 2-0, 2.57 ERA
B. Hardy 2 IP, 2 H, BB, 4 K -- 1.80 ERA
Shell 2 IP, ER, 2 H, 3 K, HRA -- 9.35 ERA
* Omaha broke out the bats as all the big names factored in to a daygame victory for the Chasers. They jumped on SP Raul Valdes for 5 in the 1st on a bases-loaded 2-run single by Clint Robinson, a 2-run Johnny Giavotella double and a wild pitch that allowed Giavotella to score. Mike Moustakas took new pitcher Jason Buursma out of the park in the 3rd for a 2-run shot (his 2nd of 2011 and the first Omaha homer in the new park) to make it 7-0 and Gregor Blanco singled in a run before Omaha left the bases full. Omaha squandered a bases-full, no-out situation in the 4th and Memphis tallied 3 off Kevin Pucetas in the 5th thanks to a 3-run homer by LF Daryl Jones. Lance Zawadzki singled in a run in the 6th and David Lough went deep in the 7th for his 2nd homer of the season to make it 10-3. Steven Shell was greeted with a leadoff homer in the Memphis 8th but that was all the Redbirds could come up with. 2B Freddie Bynum had 3 hits and Jones and DH Matt Carpenter had 2 hits. Omaha is 7-7. Game 3 is Thursday night. Danny Duffy will start for the Storm Chasers.
AA - NW Arkansas: off day
* The 2011 Diamond Series starts Thursday as the Naturals play host to the Arkansas Travelers (6-6, AA Angels) for the first of 4. Will Smith (0-1, 11.81) starts game 1 for NWA. The Travs roster features Angels top prospect Mike Trout.
A-Adv. - Wilmington: Kinston 4, Blue Rocks 1
SS McClure 2-4, 2B, 2 K -- .119
RF Francis 1-4, HR (2), RBI (9), RS -- .191
DH Navarro 1-4 -- .457
LF Testa 0-3, BB, 3 K -- .143
Sample 5 2/3 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 5 K -- L, 1-1, 2.02 ERA
M. Baez 3 1/3 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 2 K, 2 WP -- 2.08 ERA
* The Rocks had a second straight subpar game as the Tribe took the series finale. Tyler Sample allowed a run in the 2nd and then another in the 5th before stranding the bases full. K-Tribe SP Marty Popham (a fill-in starter for Kinston, to boot) gave a perfect game to the bullpen in the 5th but Nick Francis led off that inning with his 2nd homer of the season to get the Blue Rocks on the board. Wilmington stranded 2 in the 6th and 7th and Kinston got 2 insurance runs off Manauris Baez in the 8th. Popham's 4 perfect innings lowered his ERA to 3.48 but didn't get him a win. C Doug Pickens had 3 hits for Kinston. The Rocks are 8-4 but still atop the division standings. A 4-game set at the Winston-Salem Dash (6-5, A-Adv. ChiSox) starts Thursday. Justin Marks (0-0, 5.79) will start for Wilmington.
A - Kane County: Burlington 8, Cougars 3 (7/G1)
SS Hall 2-3, 2 RBI (6), RS -- .294
CF Llanos 1-4 -- .354
LF Fletcher 1-4, 2 K, SB (4), E (3) -- .300
L. Perez 6 IP, 4 ER, 6 H, BB, 4 K, balk -- L, 0-2, 2.00 ERA
Byrne IP, 4 R (1 ER), 4 H, K -- 5.14 ERA
* Six late runs turned a narrow Cougars lead into a 5-run Cougars loss in the first of 2 with the Bees Wednesday. The Cougars grabbed the lead on a run-scoring error in the 3rd and the Bees took the lead after C Ryan Jenkins was ejected after grounding out to end the 3rd. Leondy Perez gave up a 2-run double in the 4th but Gerard Hall hit a 2-run single in the bottom of the inning to make it 3-2 KC. Perez balked in a run and gave up a sac fly in the 6th, then things fell apart for RP Chaz Byrne with 2 outs in the 7th. Two doubles, a single and 3 runs on 2 consecutive errors made it 8-3 Bees. The Cougars got the first 2 on in the bottom of the 7th but couldn't get either home. 3B Nino Leyja had 3 hits, 3 runs scored and 3 errors (7) for Burlington.
Bees 6, Cougars 1 (7/G2)
3B Stovall 2-3, 2B (2), 3B (2), RBI (7), K -- .417
SS Hall 1-2, RS -- .306, that's all the hits for the Cougs in game 2
CF Llanos 0-3 -- .333
1B Watts 0-3, 2 K -- .231
DH Fletcher 0-2, BB -- .288
Wooley 3 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 2 BB -- L, 0-1, 4.70 ERA
Mitchell 2 IP, 4 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, K, HRA -- 5.14 ERA
Keck 2 IP, 2 H, 4 K -- 0.00 ERA
* In game 2 the Bees didn't wait around until the late innings to take command. Two walks came back to bite Nick Wooley in the 3rd as he gave up a 2-out, 2-run single to break a scoreless game. Matt Mitchell allowed an RBI single and a 3-run homer in the 5th as the Bees made it 6-0. Ryan Stovall broke up the shutout with a 2-out RBI triple in the 6th. Starter A.J. Griffin allowed an ER with 4 K over 6 IP to improve to 2-0 with a 1.37 ERA. 1B Tony Thompson had 2 hits and 3 RBI (14) for Burlington while RF Royce Consigli had 2 hits and DH Jose Rivero had the 3-run HR (2). Kane County is 5-9. They play host to the Clinton LumberKings (A Mariners) for the first of 3 Thursday. Keaton Hayenga (1-0, 4.00) will start game 1.