AAA - Omaha: Round Rock 8, Storm Chasers 5
2B Aviles 3-4, RS -- .325
DH C. Robinson 2-4, 2B (17), RBI (52), RS -- .340
1B Ka'aihue 2-4, HR (4), RBI (26), K, RS -- .300, finally found power stroke?
3B Giavotella 2-4, E (8) -- .321
C Clark 2-4, RS -- .262
CF Cain 1-4, 3B (4), RBI (35), K, RS, OF assist at first -- .301
LF Lough 0-5, RBI (32), K -- .308
M. Santiago 5 IP, 7 ER, 7 H, BB, 6 K, 3 HRA -- L, 2-2, 5.86 ERA, Chasers pitchers have been teeing 'em up lately
Pucetas 2 IP, ER, 3 H, BB, WP -- 5.32 ERA
Tejeda IP, nothing -- 0.66 ERA
* A big Round Rock 5th spelled a loss for Omaha on Monday. Clint Robinson doubled in a run in the 1st to get Omaha started but the Express tied it on a solo homer off Mario Santiago in the bottom of the inning. The Chasers surged ahead in the 4th as Lorenzo Cain tripled in a run, scored on an error and Kila Ka'aihue went solo for his 4th homer to make it 4-1 Chasers. Santiago loaded the bases with 0 out in the 5th and gave up a grand slam to C Robinzon Diaz for his 2nd of the season. A 2-run homer later in the inning made it 7-4 Express. Kevin Pucetas allowed a run in the 6th, but David Lough hit an RBI groundout in the 7th to get the run back. Mike Aviles was thrown out at second to end the inning shortly thereafter, and Omaha didn't threaten again. LF Chris Davis and Diaz had 2 hits each, as Davis hammered 2 HR (14) and drove in 3 runs (41) and Diaz's 4 RBI gave him 7 on the season for Round Rock. Omaha is 38-33. A 4-day, 5-game set at the Nashville Sounds (31-38, AAA Brewers) starts Tuesday. No announced starter on the team site as of yet.
AA - NW Arkansas: Tulsa 2, Naturals 0 (4-hitter)
1B Romak 2-4, 2 K -- .245
RF Myers 1-3, BB, 2 SB (4) -- .283
C S. Perez 1-4 -- .265
CF D. Robinson 0-4, K -- .256
SS Colon 0-3, BB -- .256
LF Seratelli 0-2, 2 BB, SB (15) -- .317
2B Bianchi 0-4, 2 K -- .281
Dwyer 5 1/3 IP, ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 3 K, WP -- L, 2-6, 5.76 ERA
Chapman 1 2/3 IP, 2 K -- 0.96 ERA
Barrera IP, ER, 2 H, 3 K, WP -- 3.86 ERA
* The Drillers crippled the Naturals' first-half title chances with a shutout win Monday. NWA stranded 2 on walks in the 1st and Tulsa took the lead off Chris Dwyer with a run in the 4th. NWA stranded 2 in the 6th and Henry Barrera allowed an insurance run in the 8th. The Nats stranded 1 in the 9th. Tulsa SP Christian Friedrich allowed 3 hits and 3 walks with 3 K over 6 IP to improve to 5-5 with a 3.89 ERA. 1B Ben Paulsen and 3B Darin Holcomb had 2 hits for Tulsa. NWA is 34-32 and stayed alive as Springfield pounded Arkansas. The first half finale is Tuesday with Buddy Baumann starting the must-win for NWA.
A-Adv. - Wilmington: off day
* All star break day 1 for Wilmington. The game is tomorrow.
A - Kane County: off day
* All star break day 1 for Kane County. The all-star game is Tuesday.
Rookie - Idaho Falls: Ogden 16, Chukars 0 late
* As a side note, I may hold off on the Idaho Falls and AZL wrapups most games until the next day, being that their games usually don't wrap until after 11 p.m. my time. We'll see tho. And no, that wasn't supposed to be 1-0 or 6-0, the Raptors are walloping the Chukars by 16 on opening night. This one can wait.
Rookie - Burlington: opening day Tuesday
* The B-Royals start the 2011 Appalachian League campaign with 3 games at the Princeton Rays. They finally updated the roster on the team site. The pitching staff is led by 10th rounder righty Matt Murray and 18th round righty Andy Ferguson. As mentioned yesterday, converted IF Malcom Culver and righty Robinson Yambati are on the staff, as are 2010 7th rounder righty Eric Cantrell, 2010 15th rounder Jason Mitchell and 2010 22nd rounder righty Tyler Graham. The only lefty is Rudy Brown, but others on the staff are Angel Baez, Nick Graffeo, Andrea Pizziconi (who the Royals got in the Lucas May deal), Matt Riding, Alex Rivers and Nick Rogers. Catchers are Jin-Ho Shin, Tyler Smith, and Jared Dyer. IFs are Murray Watts, Mike Antonio (2010 3rd rounder), Justin Trapp, Yunior Figueroa and 2011 46th rounder 3B Adrian Bringas. OFs are Lane Adams, Jovan Pickett, Jorge Bonifacio and Cameron Conner. Former WVU and Dolphins QB Pat White was to be an outfielder on the Royals' roster but retired in spring training.
Rookie - AZL: The Royals are down, 8-3, in the late innings
* I'll recap this one Tuesday. Quick rundown on the AZL roster: Pitchers include converted IF Fernando Cruz; 2011 draftees 38th round righty Andrew Durden, 45th round righty Julio Morales, 6th round lefty Cesar Ogando, 34th round righty Ali Williams and 36th rounder righty Christian Witt; lefty Eric Diaz (only other lefty than Ogando); Ezequiel Amador, Parker Bangs, Brian Edelen, Cody Fassold, Nathan Johnson, Jonathan Rodriguez, Jorge Soto and Andrew Stueve. Catchers are Rainier Bello, 41st round C Travis Lane, Alexander Marquez and rehabbing Jason Kendall; IFs are Humberto Arteaga, 17th rounder Nick Cuckovich (drafted as a pitcher according to BA), Carlos Garcia, Brian Gaylord and Nick DelGuidice; and OFs are 11th rounder Jerrell Allen, 14th rounder D'Andre Toney, 20th rounder Terrence Gore, Jerico Blanco and 35th rounder Gabriel Gray.