AAA - Omaha: Storm Chasers 4, Nashville 1 (7/G1)
DH C. Robinson 3-4, K, RS -- .346
3B Zawadzki 2-4, RBI (29), 2 K, SB (11) -- .269
CF Cain 1-3, BB, 2B (19), RBI (39), RS -- .305
1B Ka'aihue 1-2, BB, SF, RBI (27), K, RS -- .317
C Clark 0-2, S, RBI (4) -- .255
2B Giavotella 1-4, K, RS -- .318
SS Aviles 0-4, K -- .295
Mendoza 5 1/3 IP, ER, 10 H, 2 BB -- W, 5-3, 2.90 ERA
Chavez 1 2/3 IP, BB -- SV, 8, 4.24 ERA
* Luis Mendoza tapdanced through trouble to allow only 1 run and the Storm Chasers won the first of two with Nashville Wednesday. Omaha left the bases loaded in the 1st and Mendoza got out of a bases-loaded jam in the 2nd thanks to a 6-4-3 double play. Kila Ka'aihue got Omaha on the board with a sac fly in the 3rd but Mendoza loaded the bases again and didn't get out of it as lucky as the Sounds tied the game. Omaha regained the lead in the 5th as Lorenzo Cain hit an RBI double, Lance Zawadzki singled home a run and Cody Clark hit an RBI groundout to make it 4-1 Chasers. Mendoza was pulled with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 6th and Jesse Chavez got out of the jam. He finished it from there to pick up his 8th save. Three Sounds had 2 hits.
Nashville 5, Storm Chasers 4 (7/G2)
LF Orlando 2-3, 2B (10), RS -- .250
2B Giavotella 1-4, RBI (53), K -- .317
1B C. Robinson 1-4, RBI (53), E (3) -- .345, probably wasn't expecting an RBI run from Giavotella
3B Arias 0-2, SF, RBI (9) -- .198
SS Aviles 1-4 -- .292
CF Cain 1-3 -- .305
DH Ka'aihue 1-4, 2B (8), RS -- .315
O'Sullivan 2 1/3 IP, 4 ER, 6 H, 2 K, HRA, 2 WP -- L, 0-1, 15.43 ERA
Tejeda 1 2/3 IP, K -- 0.59 ERA
Jeffress 2 IP, ER, 2 H, K, HRA -- 6.23 ERA
* A late Omaha charge came up short as the Sounds earned a split on Wednesday. Sean O'Sullivan's first rehab start went poorly as Nashville scored 2 in the 1st on 4 hits and an error. Omaha stranded 2 in the 2nd and the Sounds added 2 more runs in the 2nd to make it 4-0. Paulo Orlando led off the 5th with a double and scored on an error before Johnny Giavotella singled in a run to cut the lead in half. Joaquin Arias added a sac fly in the 6th and Nashville got an insurance homer off Jeremy Jeffress in the bottom of the inning. Clint Robinson singled in a run in the 7th but Kila Ka'aihue grounded out to end the game. DH Mat Gamel had 2 hits, including his 15th homer, and 2 RBI (50) for the Sounds. Omaha is 40-34. Game 4 is Thursday night. No announced starter as of yet on the team site.
AA - NW Arkansas: Naturals 6, Tulsa 2
3B Lisson 2-5, 2 2B (12), 2 RBI (28), 2 K, RS -- .247
CF-LF Van Stratten 2-5, 2 K -- .237
LF-2B Seratelli 2-5, K, RS, E (3) -- .316
C Theriot 1-3, BB, 2 RBI (14) -- .207
2B Mertins 1-2, BB, S, HR (3), RBI (28), 2 RS -- .259
DH Colon 1-4, BB -- .260
RF Myers 1-4, HBP -- .295
SS Bianchi 1-4, S, K, RS -- .279
C S. Perez 1-1 -- .267
NWA stranded 12.
W. Smith 6 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, BB, 3 K, HRA -- W, 5-6, 4.58 ERA
Lebron IP, H, BB, 2 K -- 3.63 ERA
Herrera 2 IP, 2 H, 3 K -- 1.74 ERA
* The Naturals slapped out 13 hits and made their way past the Drillers to start the second half on a good note. NWA stranded 2 in the 2nd and Will Smith stranded 2 Drillers in the 3rd. Kurt Mertins broke the ice with a 2-out solo homer in the 4th for his 3rd of the season. Smith gave up a 2-run homer in the 5th to give the Drillers a 2-1 lead. Ben Theriot hit a 2-out, 2-run single in the 6th and NWA regained control. Mario Lisson hit a 2-run double in the 8th and scored on a Nick Van Stratten single that was aided by a Tulsa error. Kelvin Herrera took it from there to get through the last 2 innings. RF Michael Mitchell had 2 hits for the Drillers. NWA is 1-0. Edgar Osuna starts the series finale Thursday.
A-Adv. - Wilmington: all-star break day 3
LF Merrifield 1-4
3B Whittleman 0-2
2B Navarro 1-2, RBI, K, E -- Carolina League's only RBI
Odorizzi IP, K
Mariot IP, ER, 2 H, K
* The Cal League all-stars took down the Carolina League all-stars for the third straight season, 6-1, as Rey Navarro drove in the Carolina League's only run. The second half starts Thursday with the first of 3 at home with the Lynchburg HillCats (A-Adv. Rangers). No starter is announced on the team site. OF Nick Francis was named the Carolina League Player of the Week for June 13-19 after hitting .458 with 5 2B, a HR and 3 RBI over the final week of the first half.
A - Kane County: all-star break day 3
L. Santiago IP, BB, 2 K
Billo 1/3 IP, 2 H, K
Boruff 1/3 IP, nothing
* The MWL West defeated the East, 8-3. The Cougars don't get back into action until Friday.
Rookie - Idaho Falls: Ogden 12, Chukars 4 (Tue.)
RF Alcantara 2-4, RBI, K, RS -- .375
LF Chism 2-5, 3B, RS, E -- .333
2B Piterson 1-4, SF, RBI, E (2) -- .571
SS Martinez 1-4, RBI, K -- .125
3B Threlkeld 0-4, K, RS -- .000
1B Espy 1-4, 2 K, RS -- .375
C Harper 0-3, K, 2 PB -- pro debut
CF Davis 0-4, 2 K -- pro debut
Penny 4 2/3 IP, 8 R (4 ER), 8 H, 2 BB, 4 K, HRA -- L, 0-1, 7.71 ERA
Cuevas 3 1/3 IP, 2 R (1 ER), 3 H, 3 BB, 5 K -- 2.70 ERA
R. Wood IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 2 K -- 18.00 ERA
* It was another ugly game for Idaho Falls pitching as Ogden racked up 12 runs to outscore the Chukars, 32-4, in the first 2 IF home games. Ogden started it off with 4 in the 1st off Robert Penny on 3 hits, a hit batsman and an error. Tyler Chism, who made the error in the top of the 1st, led off the IF 1st with a triple and scored on a Luis Piterson sac fly to score the Chukars' first run of the season. Penny gave up a 2-run homer in the 2nd and the Raptors added a run in the 4th to make it 7-1. IF caught up a little in the 4th as Ysmelin Alcantara hit an RBI single, Adrian Martinez hit an RBI single and an error scored a run to cut it to 7-4. Gary Cuevas entered in the 5th and allowed an inherited runner to score before stranding the bases full. Ogden got 2 runs in the 6th to make it 10-4 and IF stranded 2 in the 7th. Ryan Wood allowed 2 runs in the 9th and the Chukars didn't threaten again. Four Raptors had multiple hits. IF is 0-2. The series shifts to Ogden for two games starting tonight. Brian Peacock is making his 2011 debut. Tonight's game is tied at 6 in the 10th. Recap to come tomorrow.
Rookie - Burlington: Princeton 6, B-Royals 3
SS Antonio 2-4, 2B, RS, E -- .500
1B Watts 1-4, HR (2), 2 RBI (4), RS -- .375
3B Figueroa 1-3, 2B, RBI -- .333
C Shin 1-4, K -- .125
LF Cameron Conner had assists at second and home.
Ridings 4 1/3 IP, 6 R (4 ER), 7 H, BB, 6 K -- L, 0-1, 8.31 ERA
Culver 2 2/3 IP, 2 H, 3 K -- 0.00 ERA
Rogers IP, H, BB, 2 K -- 0.00 ERA
* The Rays got the better of the Royals once more on Wednesday. Matt Ridings' organizational debut got a bumpy start as Princeton scratched out a run in the 1st. The Rays then churned out 4 runs in the 3rd to make it 5-0. Yunior Figueroa hit an RBI double in the 5th and Ridings allowed another run before getting pulled in the 5th. Murray Watts made it 2 homers in 2 games as a 2-run shot in the 6th cut it to 6-3. The Royals stranded single runners in the 8th and 9th. Five Rays had 2 hits. 1B Cameron Seitzer hit 2 doubles and drove in 2 (4). The Royals are 0-2. The series ends Thursday. Matt Murray is set to start.
Rookie - AZL: The Royals are up, 9-1, on the Padres in the middle innings, recap to come tomorrow