AAA - Omaha: Storm Chasers 6, Memphis 2
DH Ka'aihue 2-4, BB, walkoff GS (5), 4 RBI (33), K, RS -- .307
CF Cain 2-3, BB, RBI (42), K -- .299
1B Robinson 2-4, 2B (19) -- .330
SS Aviles 1-4, S, HR (7), RBI (13), RS -- .329
2B Giavotella 1-4, BB, 2B (22), K, RS, SB (9) -- .323
Mendoza 7 IP, ER, 4 H, 4 BB, 2 K, HRA -- 2.75 ERA
Jeffress 2 IP, ER, H, K, HRA -- W, 2-3, 6.05 ERA
* Kila Ka'aihue did his best to keep his name in the running in a crowded Royals 1B picture as he clubbed a big walkoff homer and Omaha got a key win in the series finale with Memphis. Memphis got a solo homer off Luis Mendoza in the 4th but stranded the bases full and squandered the chance to do further damage. The Chasers returned the favor by getting a lineout double play to spoil their own bases-loaded situation in the 4th. Mike Aviles went deep in the 5th for his 7th homer at AAA to tie the game. Jeremy Jeffress took over in the 8th and served up a solo homer to put Omaha down, 2-1, but Lorenzo Cain hit an RBI single in the Omaha 8th to retie it. The Chasers had the bases loaded and 2 out in the 9th when Ka'aihue greeted RP Cory Rauschenberger with a walkoff grand slam (his 5th at AAA) to end it. Omaha is 43-37 and 1 1/2 games up on Memphis exiting the series. The Chasers have Wednesday off.
AA - NW Arkansas: all-star break day 1
* The TL All-Star Game is Wednesday.
A-Adv. - Wilmington: Blue Rocks 5, Frederick 2
RF Francis 2-4, 2B (20), HR (7), 3 RBI (35), RS -- .319
CF Prades 2-4, 2 2B (9), 2 K, 2 RS -- .303
LF Merrifield 0-4, SF, RBI (26) -- .266
2B Navarro 1-2, 2 BB, RS -- .285
Melville 6 2/3 IP, ER, 7 H, BB, 6 K, HRA -- W, 7-6, 4.23 ERA
Mariot 2 1/3 IP, ER, H, 2 K -- SV, 4, 2.91 ERA
* Tim Melville put together a good start and the Rocks used a good 8th to defeat the Keys. Melville gave up a leadoff homer in the 1st but didn't allow any more runs for the next 6 2/3 innings. He left the bases loaded that inning and Joey Lewis tripled in the 3rd and scored on a Whit Merrifield sac fly to tie the game. The Rocks stranded 2 in the 4th but took the lead in the 6th on a Rey Navarro RBI single. Nick Francis went deep in the 8th for a 3-run shot for his 7th of the season to make it 5-1 Rocks. The Keys scored a run in the 8th but Mike Mariot shut the door for his 4th save. The Rocks are 3-3. A 3-game home set with the Salem Red Sox (1-5) starts Wednesday. Noel Arguelles will start.
A - Kane County: Cougars 4, Burlington 1
1B Kuebler 2-3, BB, HR, 3 RBI (7), RS, CS -- .177
RF Beltre 2-5, 2B (10), 2 K, RS -- .267
3B Stovall 1-2, 2 BB, HR (8), RBI (31), 2 RS -- .308
CF Eibner 0-4 -- .169
Billo 5 IP, ER, 4 H, BB, 2 K, WP -- W, 5-1, 1.64 ERA
Garrido 2 IP, H, BB, K -- 5.84 ERA
Byrne 2 IP, H, K -- SV, 5, 3.50 ERA
* Jake Kuebler had the big hit and the Cougars won their 5th straight. KC left the bases full in the 1st and Kuebler blasted his 1st homer of the season for a 3-run dinger in the 3rd. Greg Billo allowed a run in the 3rd but he and two relievers would hold the Bees in check thereafter. Ryan Stovall hit a solo shot in the 5th for his 8th of the season. Santiago Garrido and Chas Byrne took care of business from the 6th on. KC is 5-0. They go for the sweep Wednesday as Yordano Ventura starts.
Rookie - Idaho Falls: Chukars 11, Orem 2 (Mon.)
3B Threlkeld 3-4, BB, 2B (2), 2 RBI -- .217
1B Espy 3-5, 2B, RBI (2), K, 3 RS -- .276
LF Davis 3-3, BB, 2B (3), 2 RBI (3), 3 RS, SB -- .409
2B Mateo 2-5, 2B (2), 3 RBI (4), 2 K, 2 RS -- .417
DH Moreno 1-5, RBI (3), 3 K -- .161
RF Alcantara 2-5, 2B, K, RS -- .286
Brooks 5 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 3 K -- W, 1-0, 3.38 ERA, solid pro debut, got the W
Peacock 4 IP, 2 H, BB, 4 K -- SV, 1, 3.00 ERA, nice outing in relief
* Ninth rounder righty Aaron Brooks got the win in his pro debut Monday. Brooks worked around a triple in the 1st but allowed a run on 2 hits in the 3rd. The Chukars answered with 3 runs in their half on a Daniel Mateo RBI double, Matt Threlkeld RBI double and run-scoring Orem error. The Owlz got a run in the 5th but IF scored 4 in the bottom of that inning on a 2-run Mateo single, Henry Moreno RBI single and Ysmelin Alcantara double-play ball that scored a run to make it 7-2. The Chukars kept it up in the 6th as Runey Davis hit an RBI double, Richard Espy hit an RBI double and Threlkeld singled home a run. A Davis RBI single in the 7th finished the scoring for IF. Brian Peacock loaded the bases in the 9th but got a 4-6-3 double play to end the game and pick up his 1st save of the season. IF is 3-5. A 4-game set at the Casper Ghosts (2-6, Rookie Rockies) starts tonight. Casper is leading, 4-3, after 5.
Rookie - Burlington: suspended at 0-0 in the 2nd
* The game will be completed as part of a doubleheader Wednesday.
Rookie - AZL: Rangers 11, Royals 4 (Mon.)
C David 2-3, 2B, 3B, RBI, K, RS -- .222
3B Cuckovich 1-3, 2 BB, 2B (4), RBI (3), 2 SB (6), CS -- .500
DH Gore 1-3, BB, RBI, K, SB (2) -- .167
SS DelGuidice 0-4, BB, 2 K -- .500
RF J. Blanco 1-3, BB, SB, OF assist at third -- .458
CF Gray 1-2, 3B, K, RS -- .333
Lumpkins IP, 2 ER, 4 H, BB, K, WP, E -- 18.00 ERA, pro debut of 13th round lefty
J. Morales 3 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, BB, 2 K, WP -- L, 0-1, 4.50 ERA
Edelen 3 IP, 6 ER, 9 H, 5 K, HRA, WP -- 14.21 ERA
Durden IP, ER, 2 H, BB, WP -- 9.00 ERA, pro debut of 38th round righty
Stueve IP, K -- 0.00 ERA
* A barrage of 2-run innings powered the Rangers past the Royals on Monday. Stephen Lumpkins' pro debut was as unlucky as him being the Royals' 13th pick, if you're into that sort of thing, as a triple, single, Lumpkins throwing error and wild pitch prefaced his first out as a pro. The Rangers scored 2 and the Royals stranded 2 in the 1st. Terrance Gore hit a 2-out RBI single in the 2nd for his first pro RiBbIe, and Kevin David tripled and scored on a wild pitch in the 3rd to tie it. Another triple keyed a 2-run Rangers 4th off Julio Morales. Brian Edelen then served up a 2-run shot in the 5th to make it 6-2. David hit an RBI double in the 5th to trim it to 6-3, but the Rangers put up another 2-spot in the 6th off Edelen. Edelen gave up another 2 runs in the 7th to make it 10-3. Nick Cuckovich hit an RBI ground-rule double in the 7th but Andrew Durden helped the Rangers get the run back in the 8th. The Royals are 2-4. They play the Mariners tonight. The Royals are up 2-0 early.